This journey can be used for communicating with your child self. It can be for various reasons such as changing beliefs from the past that no longer serve you, healing a trauma, or you can simply use it as a form of regression if you are curious about some events from your childhood. As always, start with a relaxation exercise.
- Step 1 – Identify the state you want to look at and apply VAK to it. Find the main body area where you feel that state. Once you get into it completely, ask your inner child (the one who had that state) how old it is.
- Step 2 – Push it outside of yourself so you can see yourself as a child at that age. Observe the child, its posture, its demeanor. You can even look at the direction where the child would be (or is), and then ask it what it needs to be happy and whole.
- Step 3 – Give the child time to explain and listen to what it tells you.
- Step 4 – After you took the time to listen to the child (or the “past” you so to speak), think of what it said it needed, and did you ever have a situation where you gave that to someone in your life (for example love, freedom, safety etc… whatever comes up) If you did, remember how it felt. Again, apply VAK to it.
- Step 5 – Send that to the child and keep sending it until you see a change.
- Step 6 – Ask the child what it now needs to grow up, or become your age, or come back into life again.
- Step 7 – Apply steps 4 and 5.
- Step 8 – The child stops at age stages it needs help. Look at the child’s posture again, and give the child what it needs through your own resources.
- Step 9 – When the child has reached your age – breath the child into yourself and become one again.
Now your child self will remember having someone who assisted with challenges it had at the time, on one or several occasions.
It is possible for the child to grow past your age and then look at the future of the child that got help. There are many ways you can play with this journey and many fun reasons to try it out, we encourage you to adapt it to your own excitement.